The latest health news and information right at your fingertips daily.
By Shannon Pierce
We have all heard that to have healthy skin we must have a healthy diet. But what should we be eating to make our skin glow and look radiant and moisturized? How often should we exfoliate and moisturize? What are the magic products out there that can help?
1) Try incorporating mixed nuts into your diet. Nuts, especially Brazil nuts, have selenium in them, which helps to increase your skin elasticity, lowers inflammation, and helps prevent breakouts. Macadamia nuts have high quality healthy oils and acids that help your skin to repair itself.
2) Don’t forget your sunscreen, anywhere you go! It is the most important and simplest way to have healthy skin for life. Wrinkles are from sun exposure. Think about using daily sunscreen on your walk to work or your drive to work, not just when you are at the beach.
3) Eliminate dairy from your diet. If you struggle with acne, the cow hormones can make your skin oily and lead to breakouts. Don’t forget how dairy sneaks in your diet, such as in salad dressings, your latte, and whey or soy protein products.
4) Reduce your pores by exfoliating. Your pores appear much larger when they are filled with dirt, grease, makeup, and oil. Sun damage can also increase the size of your pores. Try a cleansing and exfoliating process.
5) Avoid extra hot water. Hot and steamy showers and baths create a mild burn on your skin, and strip it of essential oils. Your blood vessels are forced to dilate and it can be challenging over time for your skin to shrink back to its original state. Cooler showers eliminate redness.
6) Don’t scrub too hard! We can all be tempted to take the dry washcloth and go to town on breakouts and dead skin. But with improper methods and a rough hand, your skin may be screaming for mercy. Choose an exfoliating product with about 8 percent of alpha-hydroxy acids or “AHA’s” like glycolic or lactic acid. Lightly polish the skin with such products when it is looking dry, flaky, ashy, or peeling.
7) If you are suffering from wrinkles or aging skin, you want to look for retinoic acid in your products. This helps to speed up collagen growth, and fade lines on your face. You may experience redness or dryness for a few weeks, so take it easy and work gradually with the product. Over the counter products will contain a less potent version called retinol.
Click on these hashtags to find similar articles.#quot #msonormal #class #skin #style #auto #span #mso-margin-bottom-alt #mso-outline-level #mso-margin-top-alt
The National Eye Institute states that the number one cause of blindness today is cataracts. At the age of 80, more than half of Americans have a cataract or have had cataract surgery. Globally...
The latest craze in the marijuana industry is the extraction of cannabidiol from cannabis. Although marijuana might get a bad rap, people may be more open to this all-natural component and the health...
• No matter who you are voting for or which political party you are for, no matter if you are pro-Donald Trump or pro-Hillary Clinton, this may just be the most stressfu...
We all know at least one smoker, and we probably know someone who wants to quit smoking or has tried. They may be a family member or friend, but the habit is always concerning. There may b...
The more weight you lose the harder it is to get off. You may have started your weight loss journey and found it was easy to hit a high calorie burn, but now that you only have five pounds to go- they're nearly impossible to lose. You can use some simple tips and tricks to shedding those last pesky pounds.
You may feel like you need to change up your diet or feel yourself slipping into old habits now that you're closer to your goal.Learn more
Losing weight can be tough, but when it's time to maintain finding that balance requires a learning curve all over again. Here we offer three easy tips to keep your body healthy. It's important to remember it takes an average of 21-30 days for your brain and body to learn new habits. Stick with it and you feel, look and be healthier.Learn more
Have Health questions? Need Answers? Use our NEW search feature to find all of the articles on HealthConducive.com that could help you. Simply enter a keyword and click search to give it a try!
Get your daily dose on the hottest topics.
Take a closer look: browse our photos for a whole new way of looking at health-related information.
Watch & learn: our exclusive videos will give you insider access to the latest medical news, information on prescription drugs, tips on healthy living and much more.