The latest health news and information right at your fingertips daily.
By Shannon Pierce
What is the difference between raw unfiltered honey and the regular honey you buy in the store? The store brand is often heated and filtered, which eliminates a great amount of nutritional value. After being heated and filtered, the honey is just another sweetener, like sugar on the shelf. You may be able to buy the raw unfiltered version at your local farmers markets or health food stores.
Raw honey is comprised of about 80 different ingredients that can benefit human health. It contains antibacterial factors as well as hormones and the highest live enzyme content in any food. It contains, glucose, fructose, all B complex vitamins, Vitamin A, C, D, E and K, minerals, magnesium, sulfur iron, calcium, potassium, chlorine, iodine, copper, and manganese just to name a few. Wow!
Here are a few ways that honey can benefit your health that you may be unaware of:
1 ) Honey can heal wounds, burns, rashes and scrapes when you apply it to the effected area. Dust with cornstarch or cover with a bandage. The drying effect of the sugars in honey, combined with the anti-bacterial nature is helpful for healing.
2) It can kill bacteria and germs. Wash your body with it in the shower for clean skin.
3) It reduces inflammation.
4) It provides you energy to get through the day or a challenging workout.
5) You can pour it into tea with lemon or swallow a spoonful to ease the pain of a sore throat.
6) It can help you sleep soundly.
7) The flavonoids, or antioxidants in raw honey can help defend cancer and heart disease.
8) It contains an antioxidant associated with improving brain function.
9) Rub a small amount over dry skin and wash away later to moisturize.
10) To clear up congestion, place a spoonful of honey in a basin of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and ingest the steamy air coming from the basin.
11) At night, treat your blemishes with a dot of honey, or put it in a facemask made with greek yogurt or avocado.
12) Care2.com says research shows that honey may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
13) Believe it or not, honey does not make your sugar levels soar the way that white sugar does! The perfect even combination of fructose and glucose helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
Click on these hashtags to find similar articles.#honey #raw #sugar #health #levels #food #cover #benefit #glucose #fructose
We all know at least one smoker, and we probably know someone who wants to quit smoking or has tried. They may be a family member or friend, but the habit is always concerning. There may be goo...
The following Symptoms may appear 2 - 14 days after being exposed to the virus -Fever -Cough -Shortness of Breath Emergency Warning signs include -Bluish lips or face -Persistant...
Is there a vaccine for Coronavirus? MYTH - there is no current vaccine for covid-19 however many pharmaceutical companies are working on one. Can you contract coronavirus ordering products f...
The latest craze in the marijuana industry is the extraction of cannabidiol from cannabis. Although marijuana might get a bad rap, people may be more open to this all-natural component and the health...
The more weight you lose the harder it is to get off. You may have started your weight loss journey and found it was easy to hit a high calorie burn, but now that you only have five pounds to go- they're nearly impossible to lose. You can use some simple tips and tricks to shedding those last pesky pounds.
You may feel like you need to change up your diet or feel yourself slipping into old habits now that you're closer to your goal.Learn more
Losing weight can be tough, but when it's time to maintain finding that balance requires a learning curve all over again. Here we offer three easy tips to keep your body healthy. It's important to remember it takes an average of 21-30 days for your brain and body to learn new habits. Stick with it and you feel, look and be healthier.Learn more
Have Health questions? Need Answers? Use our NEW search feature to find all of the articles on HealthConducive.com that could help you. Simply enter a keyword and click search to give it a try!
Get your daily dose on the hottest topics.
Take a closer look: browse our photos for a whole new way of looking at health-related information.
Watch & learn: our exclusive videos will give you insider access to the latest medical news, information on prescription drugs, tips on healthy living and much more.